Please Go Away, Winter

I said please.

Just glad I’m not a cow.  It would stink to be a cow in this weather.

cows in the snow

It also stinks to be Sheldon in this weather.

sheldon

Sheldon met up with a skunk last week and still stinks to high heaven.

Smelly Shelly.  No sleeping in the house for you.

The day before the rain, snow, sleet, hail, and ice came, my daffodils decided to bloom.

daffodils

before

daffodils

after

The path to the chicken coop became a game of Name that Track

snow prints

snow prints

snow prints

snow prints

It will be much warmer this weekend so here’s wishing all tracks will disappear.

Please!

This entry was posted in arkansas weather, Farm life, Garden and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Please Go Away, Winter

1. Mags Corner says:

I am so ready to say goodbye to winter. Poor cows and all the wildlife that has to be out in all the cold and frozen stuff. Sorry about your daffodils, mine have not bloomed yet and I hope they do after all this sleet came down and is still on them. Hope the skunk smell goes away soon Sheldon doesn’t seem to be minding the smell. : ) but I bet you are not enjoying it. Love the pictures of the tracks in the snow. Hugs

• Any hints on getting skunk out of a cat would be appreciated. He really stinks!
      Looks like warmer weather is on the way though!

• Mags Corner says:

I have never had to get skunk odor off an animal but I have heard this works.

Mix 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup of baking soda, and one teaspoon of a liquid soap. Spray it on the cat and let it dry. If the smell is still there after it dries repeat the spray and dry action until you no longer smell the odor. Then bathe the cat with a good shampoo for cats.

I sure hope warmer weather is on the way. I also hope you can get the skunk smell to go away.

2. Those tracks will be gone soon, really they will! Your at least four weeks ahead of me with the daffodils, we have nothing but snow and so sign of anything green at all!

3. I feel a bit like your “after” daffodils! 🙂
    But, better than Sheldon! 😉

4. Anonymous says:

I’m with you! I can’t remember a winter that felt this long. Or this cold! My dogs have never had a run in with a skunk. Thank goodness. Poor smelly Shelly!

5. The Dancing Rider says:

Those poor cows! 😦 I want to bring them into my house right now!

6. The Editors of Garden Variety says:

Poor Sheldon…..I hope things get better for you quickly!

7. Peter/Outlaw says:

I’m with you! Winter is overstaying his welcome this year! Do the cows have a shelter to escape from the elements? They don’t look happy at all. Do unhappy cows make sour cream? Always wondered where that came from.

8. Our neighbor’s dog got sprayed by a skunk last summer. Oof, what a catastrophe. No cows around here, though.

9. ChgoJohn says:

We’re still weeks away from seeing daffs but it sure is encouraging to see yours. Hope springs eternal … 🙂

10. bittster says:

Yuck. I hope the weekend played out well for you and the next cold snap doesn’t find you! We’re getting something tomorrow…. hope it passes quickly.